Friday 13 February 2015

Roberts Bakery Soft & Fluffy Valentines Sandwich

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and this year Roberts Bakery has teamed up with a  nutritionist Dr Carina Norris to create a special romantic themed sandwich recipe.

Dr Carina Norris says: "Black pepper and strawberries may sound strange, but give it a try - it works.
I wanted to make a ‘fruity’ sandwich, and I’d seen a dessert using fresh strawberries with a dash of black pepper. I thought this would transfer well to a sandwich, but needed something creamy to set off the sweet and sharp flavours - cottage cheese worked perfectly for this".
I have received a special hamper packed full of goodies (a loaf of the newly branded Roberts Soft & Fluffy White Bread, a heart shaped sandwich cutter and a recipe card).
I wasn't sure if I can make the same sandwich as I didn't have all the ingredients, so I decided to improvise. 

I used:
- Roberts Bakery thick soft & fluffy white loaf of bread
- Salad leaves
- Cheese spread
- Ground pepper
- Strawberries in a tin
Voila! Délicieux!

One of them was a little bit too cheesy for my liking, but it's quite an interesting mix of flavours!

Show your loved ones how much they mean to you with this sweet strawberry sandwich treat.


Disclamer: I was provided with the bread, a recipe card and a heart-shaped sandwich cutter to make sure I've got everything I need to get loved up for the purpose of this review. All views and opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment