"Create your own jewelry with Gel-a-Peel! Use colored gel tubes and design templates to make necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, headbands and more!"
It's hard to say who was more excited to try out Gel-a-Peel but save to say that L and had lots of fun experimenting (mainly me of course).
First of all, few things to remember, do not leave your child with Gel-a-Peel without supervision (the kit is suitable for 8 years+), the gel tubes can be easily opened and end up on clothes, skin, carpet the list goes on. If the accident does happen I would suggest to leave it to dry and scrape the remains after, otherwise you may end up with very sticky, sponges, brushes etc. The gel itself has a very strong aroma if you are allergic I would recommend to wear a protective mask or not to use the product at all.
The application process is very simple, just place the template under the clear sheet supplied, choose designer nozzle for the silicone gel tube and get creative.
Few things learned from the process:
- do not leave the set for young kids to play with
- do not make fine lines, go over your design few times to make sure each line is thick and is connected to the rest of the design
- it may take a lot of practice to make desings similar to the ones shown on templates, at first they may look blob alike and flimsy, but once you get used to the process and textures it will get easier and better, don't give up just yet!
- do not stretch the end result when pulling of the clear sheet or when in use as it may break
- if your end result is sticky it means that it needs more time to dry
- drying time varies from few minutes depending on the design and it's thickness, sometimes few hours of drying is needed
- clean the tip of the nozzle and your fingers with tissue, the rest of the gel can be easily cleared from the nozzle once it's dry
- if you are not good at creating accessories or do not like the end result, Gel-a-Peel can be perfect for creating window decorations!
It certainly was an interesting experience with lots of product wasted and a little bit left, which I will either keep for future parties or make few rings and decorations for L and I.
Disclaimer: I was sent the item mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.