As now I'm 37 weeks pregnant we have just few weeks left until we meet out little girl and my nerves started to kick in I thought it's definitely time to pack my hospital bag.
Thanks to my mum who came to see us in April I have less washing and ironing to do, I actually didn't want to do anything back in April but now I'm very grateful that mum insisted in helping me.
I have browsed different website, forums, blogs with checklists, some of them were more helpful than others, but none of them had quantity of the items I was after. I decided to wait till my next appointment with the midwife (at that time I was around 30 weeks). Few weeks later ( it was a very long wait) she finally gave me the checklist of things I need to bring into hospital.
Most of the clothing bits and pieces we already had and some of the essential ones for before and after labour we were kindly provided by Mamabloom, they sent me their essentials kit (£27.99): bed mats (pack of 5), maternity towels (pack of 10), disposable briefs (pack of 5), maternity towels (pack of 48), breast pads (pack of 80), ultra thin maternity towels (pack of 12), ultra slim breast pads (pack of 50).
I made few adjustments to the list in red plus a bag for my husband is our improvisation as I thought that he is involved in this as much as I am.
- 2 nighties 1 nightie for giving birth, 1 nightie for breastfeeding after birth, 1 vest for pool birth
- 2 feeding bras/good support bra 2 black seamless bras
- toiletries sample packs of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, small soap bar, bath sponge
- dressing gown & slippers long cardigan, disposable slippers and flip flops
- maternity sanitary towels (2 packs) 20 pads
- paper pants are useful of large pants 4 pairs of full briefs
- money for TV/ phone machine
- flannels wet wipes
- socks 2 pairs
- lip salve
- breast pads (15-20 for few days of stay) I'm planning to stay for 1 night so 5 pairs
- hair band
- drinks or snacks
- plain base/baby oil for massage
- big towel
- my own pillow
- my own birthing ball in case hospital ones are all in use
- t-shirt and joggers to wear in hospital
- intimate wipes
- make up
- phone/phone charger
- disposable nappies (at least 12)
- cotton wool (pleats)
- 6 Babygro suits 3 in newborn size, 3 in 0-3 months size
- 6 Vests 3 in newborn size, 3 in 0-3 months size
- 2 hats
- Scratch mittens 1 pair
- shawl or similar warm outer clothing for going home in blanket
- muslin cloths/bibs I will be using 2-3 small towels instead
- sample pack of toothpaste/toothbrush
It seems that my list is even longer than baby's. Do you think I need to get rid off some things or should I add something extra?!