Monday 11 July 2016

Review: Toddlebike 2, pre- balance bike

I have seen pre-balance and balance bikes before but was always hesitant as thought that the price is a little bit high and that L might be too small for it until I came across all terrain Toddlebike. It was first mentioned to me by one of the mums I have met online who bought a relatively cheap birthday present for her daughter's 2nd birthday.

Toddlebike 2 seems to be at a reasonable price indeed £23.95, comes in 3 colours- red, blue and pink and suitable from 18 months to 36 months.

"Toddlebike – a unique “Pre-Balance” bike suitable for Toddlers as soon as they can confidently walk (usually around 18 months)".

I have never ridden a bike myself, not that I was particularly interested in it but always hoped that L could.
From what I understand the principal of using Toddlebike 2 is very simple: you sit on it, push, swivel handlebars and ride. Upon reflection it's not as easy as you think, it takes time and practice, which for some could be weeks and for others months.
                                 
What really surprised, is how lightweight Toddlebike 2 is, it weighs 0.8kg which is very convenient when you are carrying it for your child if s/he want to go for a ride after nursery or when your little one had enough of it and your are far away from car or home.
                                        
For the first few days ( just before our holiday) L spent most of her time on it, riding it, bringing it into our living room or showing Toddlebike off to her grandparents. I have noticed that at first L preferred to sit on the actual bar rather than on a seat but soon moved to the designated spot.

Once we were back from the break we took Toddlebike in the garden just to see how it "behaves" on a different terrain and to explain to L that it can be used inside and outside as well. She seems a little uncertain about it when we are outside due to either not seeing many kids with toys like that or not used to doing something else apart from waking and being pushed in a stroller, but I'm sure we will get there.

L is taking her time with Toddlebike but I hope one day she will be more confident and fast.  

Disclaimer: I was sent the item mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen these before, it's looks great. My youngest daughter would love it, it looks perfect for a first bike X #triedtested

    ReplyDelete