Monday 8 February 2016

Review: Boobbix lactation cookies

I have never thought that will be breastfeeding L for so long. For me it is more than just breastfeeding, it's our bonding, cuddling time, a morning and evening snack, "mummy I'm poorly, need milk" calming down time. I don't care that she pulls my top, I don't care that she constantly puts her hands inside my bra, if she is happy that way so am I. 
As I have never been convinced that I have enough milk I'm always looking for products that can increase lactation. Few weeks ago I came across Boobbix lactation cookies and thought it it would be lovely to mix the pleasure of eating cookies which are potentially tasty and useful! 

"Boobbix makes and sells delicious and healthy lactation cookies and cakes for breastfeeding mums that can help to increase milk supply".

I was really impressed with the design of the box (purple is my favourite colour) and was really surprised to see 10 individually packed cookies.  At first I didn't see how practical it could be: all the crumbs stay in a packet and it's so easy to put it in a bag when out and about.


I specifically picked cranberry and almond (£10.50 per box) as I wanted to try something different, a combination of flavours I have never tried before. You can also buy: chocolate chip and oats; date and ginger; oatmeal and raisin; peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Once I've tried my first Boobbix cookie I couldn't stop, all the flavours seems to work very well. 
My darling L decided to join me and wouldn't let me go until I give her all the cranberries. 

"Our heavenly Almond and Cranberry Lactation Cookies are filled with Organic Almond Butter and dried Cranberries, and not only taste good, but can also increase breast milk production!

As well as containing Oats, Brewer’s Yeast, Fenugreek and Flaxseed, all traditional remedies to boost milk supply, Boobbix cookies are packed full of vitamins and minerals, including fibre, iron, calcium, protein and Omega 3...


Good nutrition is very important for you and your baby when breastfeeding, especially when you are a new mum and we know finding time to eat is tough so snacking is inevitable. Boobbix cookies are a great way of increasing milk, getting a quick energy boost and satisfying your hunger and cravings!"


I couldn't find information about the dosage on the box but Boobbix website recommends to have 1 or 2 cookies a day as a part of 2500-2700 kcal daily food intake for a breastfeeding mother.

As I didn't know how Boobix will affect my lactation I decided to have a cookie every other day so that I can assess any changes. I have noticed that L "drinks" more milk, as I could hear her, last time it happened when L was newborn and my milk was coming through. Couple of days ago I also had a blocked duct which is too me a sign that I have more milk that usual. If it's not all because of Boobix cookies then it's an interesting coincidence.

I have enjoyed testing/eating these cookies so much that have recommended them on my local breastfeeding support group. To be it's the best sign of a great product!


Disclaimer: I was sent the item mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I've not come across this brand before but I know a lot of my friends who breastfeed their babies have tried lactation cookies and really liked them! Great review :) #TriedTested

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a packet of these to try a few weeks ago and I loved them and felt they really did work.
    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of anything like these! They sound interesting

    ReplyDelete