Wednesday 14 October 2015

Little L is 15 months

                                                      

L has changed so much this month! She speaks in her own language a lot starts first thing in the morning even with her eyes shut and stops when is very tired! I love it! But it's not just babbling, she makes weird but extremely cute noises with her tongue which we all repeat after her.

She figured out how to unscrew and open all the creams and other toiletries, would play at the bottom of the stairs and sneakily take things out  of or puts things inside my coat's pockets. 
Would play or hide in the space between the door and sofa, likes to close herself in the pantry and open the draws with her food or cutlery (they are on a lock though). Last week I caught her hiding in a wardrobe, all I could see her feet and her looking at me through a gap between doors so cute!
L has 2 faces she likes to pull- flutters her eyelashes or looks very cross at someone, where she even learnt that!)
This month I have introduced messy play and some arts and crafts into our routine, L doesn't show much interest with craft yet but she loves to splash in baked beans and flour!

Teeth: L has 12 teeth and I can see top 3's are coming through.
Clothing: L fits in some of her 9-12 months outfits and 12-18 months outfits. Some of them are either to long or too wide for her so I try to combine and work with what we have. 

Sleep: we weaned L off her afternoon nap, I thought it would be easy as just not letting her sleep but at first she was very tired in the evening without it so I have moved her morning nap to 4 hours later after she woke up rather than 3 and it seems to work the trick! She has days when she would be yawning but I try to play with her or take her for a walk. As she has 1 nap a day it seems that her sleeping in the night has slightly improved (touch the wood) she would go down between 7:30-8pm and would wake up once, on odd occasion she won't settle so I take her downstairs to sleep her in my arms.

Breastfeeding: we are still breastfeeding! L didn't have a single drop of formula in her life and I'm very proud of what I have achieved in these 15 months! This is the best bonding experience I have ever had with L and I don't want to stop!

Eating: L would have breast milk first thing in the morning, then a snack consisting of a toast or crumpet and half of banana and then a bowl of porridge an hour before she goes for a nap. When she wakes up I would offer my breast again followed porridge or soup with meat or fish and 2 vegetable and fruit pouches. In the evening she would have pasta, couscous or rice (rice is her fav) and meat or fish again followed by pouches.
It seems like a lot but actually she would throw most of the things on the floor rather than eat them.

What's your little one up to this month?

1 comment:

  1. Well done for keeping up the breast feeding, mine all fed until they were 2 years old.

    ReplyDelete