Friday 5 September 2014

Little L is 2 months


Our little L is 2 months old (9 weeks old). She was christened last Sunday, it was both special and stressful day for her. I couldn't bare her crying, I even started doubting my decision that it was wrong timing to baptise her, that maybe if we did it later in her life it would be less stressful.
On Wednesday was another stress for her- her first immunisation (diseases protected against: diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b; Pheumococcal disease; Rotavirus). L was smiley herself in the morning and even in GP's, which is not normal for our crying baby. She was a start, cried a little whilst had injections and fall asleep in the car. The whole morning I felt that I'm so nervous as if I'm having these injections done, but I thought that if I stay calm L will be calm as well.

Development wise she is more smiley, especially in the mornings, hold her toys, during tummy time lifts her head but gets tired and grumpy few seconds after.
L's hair are growing as well, I have also noticed she has a cradle cap, and according to the doctor a stork bite at the back of her head, which hopefully will disappear in time.

I love her more and more every day, I can be cross with myself thinking maybe I'm not doing enough, but when I see her smile or when she is settled I feel happy and content.
Daddy taught her how to stick her tongue out, she looks so happy when she does it.

L finally moved to 0-3 months clothing, but still can fit in some of her newborn outfits. I think I might take her for a weigh in next week to see if she is moving nicely along her development line.

My mum staying over for 2 weeks so daily routine is a bit different, but normally she would be happy to sleep in her swings for a bit, as she doesn't sleep for long during the day, play on her play mat longer then couple of minutes.

I understand her needs more, from the very beginning she wasn't a typical newborn, we never had these clues from her when she is hungry but now I know that she need food every 2 hours and even close to that time she will be more active/crying.

L is changing a lot and I look forward to new milestones!

No comments:

Post a Comment